[mapserver-users] An example Mapserver application

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Oct 31 00:04:05 EST 2002

Hello all,

We are in the process of putting the finishing touches on our first
Mapserver application using MS 3.6 and PHP/Mapscript, but it's
looking respectable enough to post a URL to the list:

	http://data.brs.gov.au/mapserv/plant/index.phtml

Notable features include:
	- Extensive use of PHP
	- PDF map generation
	- All map specific elements are generated from the map file
	- Database integration
	- Some quite large rasters that wouldn't work without GDAL
	- Quite nice integration of spatial content into non-GIS parts of the site
	- Debian based
	- Vanilla HTML should work on most browsers

The important snippets of of code for generating the UI and PDFs should be in
the mailing list archives. See the Wiki for my instructions on installing PHP/Mapscript
on a Debian box.

Enjoy,

Antti