[mapserver-users] Geocoding the Net

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 4 08:49:52 EDT 2002

Hi,

I found the following links that some of you might be interested in.
The first is a PHP class that renders a map with a "You are Here"
marker on it based on your IP address. It uses the 2nd to do the
geocoding of the IP address.

http://phpspain.hexoplastia.com/projects/worldlocator/
http://www.caida.org/tools/utilities/netgeo/

While it placed me in Spain instead of the US :(, there have been
posts in the past about people wanting to show where there web site
visitor are located and this might supply a simple starting point or
you might want to take apart the PHP class and integrate it with a
PHP/Mapscript app.

Have fun with it,
  -Steve