[mapserver-users] Error messages (again)

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Fri Sep 6 17:30:30 EDT 2002

heh heh heh... as Lowell said, error messages are terrible things to not
have.

I raised the same issue recently. I guess better messages are in store for
the new versions, but at the time this was programmed it used to make sense
to sdl. <g>

> and possible the object index. I have 3.2 GB of data to look through
> to find this problem!!!!
>
> Any ideas how to go about it?

here's what I did... first, I figured out the guilty layer by commenting out
layers in the map file one by one. Then I got an Arcview-conversant
colleague to write me an Avenue script that went through record by record in
that layer and found polys with null or zero area. Deleted those records
(probably slivers from shoddy or tired digitizing, or result of multiple
cleans), and all was well. If you are interested in that script, I can dig
it out and email it to you "under separate cover" so to say.

pk/