[mapserver-users] PHP and Mapscript: .map file needed

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Sun Sep 8 23:39:33 EDT 2002

Good lead-in. I was just going to pose a question to the list regarding either strange behavior on mapservers part or normal behavior in my own strange brain. If we declare at least some of a layers information in the mapfile (name, data, type, status) the rendering of the labels for the layer are mapserver's usual FAST. However if the layer is created completely within mapscript the rendering of the labels can take much longer (60x's). I can't seem to track down if I am missing some combination necessary for proper labelcache or such. If this doesn't have a simple answer it may have a bearing on why you may want to keep some sort of mapfile.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au on Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:55:06 +1000 .