[mapserver-users] question regarding postgis

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Sep 9 11:35:42 EDT 2002

I'm running a windows version of mapserver that has postgis installed.  You
are too aren't you Nicolas?
I certainly didn't compile it either!  Search the mapserver list and I'll
bet you'll find someone (Norman/woodbridge?) that has it packaged up
nicely.

Tyler

                      Nicolas Boretos
                      <nicolasb at maich.gr>                 To:       Jan Hartmann <jhart at frw.uva.nl>
                      Sent by:                            cc:       mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  Re: [mapserver-users] question regarding postgis

                      09/09/2002 06:39 AM

Hi,

I dont know if this helps, but this was posted a bit back on th ms
list. I am using the stuff below, and it seems to work along with the
winbinaries at the mapserver site.

I dont know about php

I dont know if it might be possible to mingw the postgis dll..?

Anyway,

regards,
nicolas boretos

---snip---
Jan Hartmann writes:

 > . However,
 > PostGIS  cannot be running on the same server as the (Windows)
 > MapServer, as PostgreSQL cannot be compiled for native Windows (yet).

FYI
PostgreSQL is distributed as part of Cygwin and I have placed a
compiled Cygwin PostGIS extension module at
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/cygwin/postgis.tgz

There is also a beta Native Win32 PostgreSQL distribution

Cheers

Norman

< following is a repost from the postgis-users list >