[mapserver-users] [OFF-TOPIC]FreeGIS like ArcFamily

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Sep 10 13:08:08 EDT 2002

-The GDAL/OGR package can read numerous raster and vector formats and write
some of them as well. (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal).
-OpenEV can by default edit/create shapefiles and view data using the above
mentioned libraries.  It can also create 3d views (simple drapes) over
elevation rasters!
-I'd love to learn more about TIN/DTM options you find
-I don't have any ideas around interpolation of point values except to
check out GRASS GIS which, I believe can do most of what you are looking
for.

Tyler

                      EDUARDO PATTO KANEGAE
                      <EDUARDOPK at vcp.com.br>              To:       MapServer USERS (Correio eletrônico)
                      Sent by:                             <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        cc:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Fax to:
                                                          Subject:  [mapserver-users] [OFF-TOPIC]FreeGIS like
                                                           ArcFamily
                      09/10/2002 12:42 PM

is there any software or set of software, under the free-software, that
would be possible to:

- import data from CAD files( dxf, dgn)
- work on .SHAPEFILE format
- generates TIN/DTM
- generates 3D Visualization of DTM surfaces
- interpolation of point values

well, i think the right question may be: is there a way of
    using free-software for making the same results( or nearest) that ESRI
Arc* does?

regards

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
eduardopk at vcp.com.br <mailto:eduardopk at vcp.com.br>
Time Planejamento - UNIDADE LA - Ramal 9126
eduardo at scopotecnologia.com.br <mailto:eduardo at scopotecnologia.com.br>
http://www.scopotecnologia.com.br <http://www.scopotecnologia.com.br/>