[mapserver-users] Queryfile uses layer index, not layer name!?!

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Sep 13 17:14:56 EDT 2002

That's the way it was intended, as a query file is map file specific.
I've gone over this in my head many a time as to why you wouldn't want
to use one query file with another mapfile. I know I came with a good
reason, probably specific to how query maps are produced but it escapes
me. Let me think some more... There is no workaround.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Ryan, Adam" <ARyan at co.linn.or.us> 09/12/02 11:58PM >>>

Dear List,

I want to save a query, then use the *.qy file with another map file.
This
works great, but only if the qlayer has the same layer index in both
map
files ('roads' is layer number 7 in both maps).  This tells me that the
*.qy
file stores the layer index and not the layer name.

This is a problem.

Please tell me there is a solution (work around) to this!  I'm not
using
mapscript.  I've got a nice javascript interface where I can easily
switch
map files, but I really need to maintain the query results while doing
this.

Thanks for any help on this,

Adam Ryan
Linn County