[mapserver-users] queries

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Mon Sep 16 10:52:37 EDT 2002

Hi Stefan,

you can use the layers "filter" and "filteritem" in the mapfile to draw only
data that matches the filter.

See here: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/mapfile-reference.html#layer

HTH, Michael

Stefan Stern schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I use a dataset of points (.shp) that looks similar to this:
>
> id     | group  | x_ccord   | y_coord
> T1     | T      | 1234      | 12234
> T2     | T      | 4321      | 4321
> F1     | F      | 4566      | 3211
>
> I created a mapfile that displays all points.
>
> Now I want to display just certain points according to "id" or "group".
> e.g. "display only T1" or "display all T".
>
> My first idea is to write a temporary mapfile with php on the harddrive
> and point mapserver to it.
>
> Is there an other way (implemented) in mapserver? ANd if so, where can I
> find some documentation about it?
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de