[mapserver-users] professional MapServer services list? / ArcIMS-MapServer choice

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Sep 16 19:45:18 EDT 2002

John -

If anyone's interested in talking to me about the suitability of
MapServer in "moderate to semi-large projects" I would be happy to do
so.  That's not a "feature matrix" sort of discussion, but I have built
and host MapServer applications serving multiple terabytes of data and
apps with hundreds of thousands of maps per day.

I'm not going to write up some sales pitch document about how MapServer
works wonders, because I think large-scale applications deployment
involves understanding a lot of things above and beyond which
application to choose.  I'm sure I could choke MapServer on a few
hundred kilobytes of data if I organized it badly enough and screwed up
the server config to match.  So if someone does want to discuss
large-scale MapServer applications, they're going to need to be able to
describe both the application and the data!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.