[mapserver-users] line layer label angle changes

Sandor Csaba c.sandor at emla.hu
Fri Sep 20 05:45:35 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I want to label streets with their names. It works fine on my windows box
(downloaded binaries: ms36gif_gdal_pg_wms.zip). On a Solaris box (the real
Internet server, mapserv 3.6.1 CGI, Freetype2, PNG support) the labels are
randomly rotated around the same label point.

Anybody had similar problems? Can this be a Freetype1 vs. 2 issue?

I use the following label definition in the mapfile

LABEL
	COLOR 0 0 0
	TYPE TRUETYPE
	FONT arial
	SIZE 10
	ANTIALIAS true
	POSITION AUTO
	PARTIALS TRUE
	MINFEATURESIZE 1
	FORCE FALSE
	BUFFER 3
	ANGLE AUTO
END

Thanks,
Csaba

-
{Kornyezeti Management es Jog Egyesulet
{Environmental Management and Law Association
{www.emla.hu
{1076 Budapest
{Garay u. 29-31
{Hungary