[mapserver-users] General error message

Shaik Anwar Hussain shussain at atsincorp.com
Fri Sep 20 10:03:56 EDT 2002

Hi List,
          We compiled mapserver on linux 7.2. The mapsever version details
MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

         Its working fine for the shape files and polyconic ratser images.
My map file is in polyconic projection

PROJECTION
    "proj=poly"
    "ellps=GRS80"
    "lon_0=77.75w"
    "lat_0=40.925n"
END

           When i load the raster image in different projection space i am
getting the followong error message.
msDrawRasterLayer( TIFF ): General error message. Raster reprojection
supported only with the GDAL library.

This raster layer giving the above error message.

LAYER
  NAME "bellegrove_md_ne"
   TYPE raster
   DATA "bellegrove_md_ne.tif"
   STATUS default
   PROJECTION
      "proj=utm"
      "ellps=WGS84"
      "zone=17"
      "units=m"
   END
  OFFSITE 0
END # LAYER

These raster images are showing without any error message.

LAYER
  NAME "drgs"
   TYPE raster
   TILEINDEX "sap_imgtile"
   TILEITEM "location"
   STATUS ON
   MAXSCALE 150000
  PROJECTION
      "proj=poly"
      "ellps=GRS80"
      "lon_0=77.75w"
      "lat_0=40.925n"
  END
END # LAYER

Does any one can help me what i missed in my mapsever compilation.

Thanks,
Anwar
www.atsincorp.com