[mapserver-users] question and help (FWD)

Thomas E. Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:14:25 EDT 2002

From: Typografický design Pospí¹ilová <td_pospi at volny.cz>
To: <projects at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Subject: question and help
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:29:28 +0200

Dear friends,

I am interesting in your excellent mapserver GIS solution.
I tried to make a little project of a topografic map. It works
very well, because I used your very good tutorials and "how to"
descriptions.
But I have a problem with the "getting backward information".
What I mean? For example, it is no problem with getting
information of an object like town or road through a querry and
the question in a appropriate dbf file.
In this moment I am not sure how to solve a problem with
searching an marking an object in a map by a query in something
like a search engine.
I can't find any description of this problem in your FAQs or
tutorials.
Some problem like mine you have discused in your mail database. I
found here some terms or features like map_pin_feature etc.

Please can you advise me:
1) Is in your web site any description or tutorial of this
problem?
2) Is map_pin_feature a property or function of your cgi script
an how it works?
3) Is this feature applicable for bit map layers?
4) Exists any other solution_

Thank you for your time, which you will spent with my problems.
I am looking forward on your answers.

With best regards

Jaroslav Pospisil
Typograficky Design
Olomouc Czech Republic
td_pospi at volny.cz

PS. I like to apologize for my not fluently english.
Thanks.