[mapserver-users] text search in mapserver 3.6

Toni Hernández toni at giscampus.udg.es
Tue Sep 24 04:40:42 EDT 2002

hi all,

I have been bumping my head with this problem. I hope some one has the
answers.

I downloaded the itasca demo and slowly start doing some changes.
I have a map of my city (girona, spain) and a list of the names of the
streets. I want to select one of this streets and make a query(no matter the
zoom in the moment of the query). I the version 3.4 I was able to display
two images, one just for the street (zoomed) and the other one with the city
and the street colored. But I can not do that with version 3.6.  I know
there must be a way of doing it but I am lost.

This are the the cgi variables I am using:
(...)
(...)
<input type="hidden" name="qlayer" value="carrers">
(...)
<select name="name">
<option>CR_LEPANT</option>
<option>CR_CERVERI</option>
<option>AV_JOSEP_TARRADELLAS</option>
</select>

And this is my map file for the "carrers" (Streets) layer:

LAYER
  NAME carrers
  TYPE LINE
  DATA carrers
  STATUS default
  FILTERITEM "Nom"
  FILTER "%name%"
  CLASS
    NAME "l_carrers"
    COLOR 255 225 90
    TEMPLATE "carrers.html"
  END
  HEADER "cap_carrers.html"
  FOOTER "peu_carrers.html"
  DUMP TRUE # allow GML export
  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "Minor Civil Divisions"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "Minor civil divisions for Itasca County. (boundaries
only)"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
  END
END

Am I forgeting or misusing something??

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.