[mapserver-users] What does this error message mean?

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 25 12:22:04 EDT 2002

Joe,

Thanks for your response. I actually just created the dataset and
tileindex and added it to an existing mapfile which then broke.

Well it seems that there is a minor bug in mapserver or at least an
undocumented limitation, or more likely a failure on my part to
understand.

It seems that in the mapfile a a tileindex must be specified relative
to the SHAPEPATH item and may not be specified as an absolute path.
And further more all TILEINDEX LOCATION values must be relative to
the location of the TILEINDEX location.

I might be wrong on this but looking at the source code and making
the changes above seemed to get rid of the problem.

-Steve W.