[mapserver-users] Pre-defined Zoom In/Zoom Out buttons...

Mike Smith nospam at cnrit.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 27 10:45:06 EDT 2002

Sorry to bother everyone with this, I know this has been addressed
before in the archives, but I can't seem to find it when I search them.

I'm trying to enable a Zoom In/Zoom Out bar along side my map (kinda
like Mapquest or Yahoo maps) where there are buttons that either zoom
the user in or out to pre-determined levels.  I've got Javascript code
that zooms in and out ok, but the logic is what's throwing me off.  I
want the bottom button to always be the same view, not zoom them out 15
times from whatever their present view is.... it should zoom them out 15
times from full extent.  I want "full extent" to be the base and each
button whether it's a zoom in or out button needs to always zoom them to
the same factor relative to full extent, not their current view...make
sense?  I know I've seen a Mapserver page before that had this little
zoom bar that I'm describing, but I can't remember where I saw it.
 Anybody have a web page that does this?  Or example code that handles
the logic of pre-defined absolute zoom levels (as opposed to the
relative ones that the CGI variable "zoom" sets)?

Thanks