[Mapserver-users] Label: ANGLE auto

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Aug 1 10:21:54 EDT 2003

Rusty,

I not sure but I think if you look at the labels you will that labels
are draw to be upright while being rendered left to right. What I
this means is the if 0 degrees is to the right and 90 degrees if down
all labels should be written such that they are upright. the only
ambiguity is that some labels will be written up at -90 degrees and
some are written down at 90 degrees.

If you want to have a default value to over ride this then you should
write up a bug on bugzilla as and enhancement.

You are right that if you want total control you can set explicit
angles and positions by creating a label layer using LABELANGLEITEM.

-Steve W.