[Mapserver-users] RE: Mapserver Documentation Project

Kari Geurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Fri Aug 1 15:55:12 EDT 2003

Hello mapserver-dev and mapserver-docs,

I wanted to address the issues that Daniel brought up about the
documentation project. As the MDP Coordinator, I am responsible for and
have been maintaining the MDP. I have been manually running the conversion
of xml documents in the CVS to html documents for display on the Mapserver
website. I believe that all the CVS documents that have had edit changes
have been updated. If this is not the case, please let me know and I will
take care of the problem.

I will also be responsible for making the updates to the documentation
section of the website for the release of the 4.0 version. I have been
working on some website revisions/improvements and plan to make it
available shortly after the release of 4.0. I would like to ask that if you
are part of MDP and have written any documents that you email me with the
following information:

What documents you have written and for which versions of the software?
What is your contact information?
When the last update was done on your documents?

Providing this information will help me to make sure that your documents
are up to date and get displayed on the website properly. I will also use
this information to revise the current projects web page so Mapserver users
will have access to both the authors and the documents. This page can be
used as a reference guide for the MDP (i.e. who is doing what).

I am hoping that the website changes will make it easier to get to the most
current documentation and will explain more thoroughly how to become an
author. It is my intension to make the hard work and effort done by the MDP
volunteers available to all Mapserver users.

Thank you for your help with this and I look forward to hearing from all
you authors,

Kari A. Geurts

MDP Coordinator
Department of Forest Resources