[Mapserver-users] Nothing raster (tiff,jpeg) comes out

Siki Zoltan siki at bme-geod.agt.bme.hu
Mon Aug 4 19:36:43 EDT 2003

Hi Zainal,

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, zainal A Majeed wrote:

> I appreciate your response. I have checked again everything as you suggested.
> It does support raster as I tried the raster image in mapserver tutorial all
> this while.
> I am using .tiff and convert to .img after image proceesing then to .jpg. I
> don’t need World file for the time being.

If you don't have gdal installed you can use only 256 colors!
Convert your image to 256 color palette if it has more colors.

I have never used images without world file, I think you must have
world file or geotiff.
The world file is an ascii file you can easy create it. A world file
consist of 6 lines, each line contains a single value.
1st line: pixel size in x direction in meters (or foot or ...)
2nd line: 0 if the coordinate system paralel to the image
3rd line: 0 if the coordinate system paralel to the image
4th line: -pixel size in y direction in meter (negativ value)
5th line: easting for upper left corner
6th line: northing for upper left corner
What extents do you specify in the map file without a world file?

> The status is ON and when display in IE I can right click to copy to wall
> paper or desktop background but it’s invisible (white image).
Yeh, you got an empty image from the mapserver.

Do you have a html template? If yes, then you can can check mapext cgi
variable inserting [mapext] somewhere in the html code.

Have you read raster-howto?
Visit the galery to get idea.
Finally insert your map and template file into your mail.

Hi
Zoltan