[Mapserver-users] php_mapscript on a host - nightmare! help!

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 4 23:36:30 EDT 2003

poff wrote:

> Then be told, when I try using it I need to recompile as a CGI!
>
> I can't ask for this as this is a shared server. What should I do?
>
> Does mapscript 4 bypass this requirement? I'm trying to compile 3.6 at the
> moment, on a red hat server.

Version 4.0 still requires PHP as a CGI.  Resolving this is going to be
on the list for 4.1.  If you feel brave you could try removing the test
in php_mapscript.c that produces the error message about PHP CGI mode,
but you should be aware that your apps could be unstable or experience
some odd behaviorsif you bypass the CGI check.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca