[Mapserver-users] qstring - multiple values

Matthew Smith matt at kbc.net.au
Tue Aug 5 19:58:23 EDT 2003

Fawcett, David wrote:
> I am using qstring in an itemnquery and I would like to use multiple values (version 4.0)
>
> I have a URL containing  ...mode=itemnquery&qlayer=basemap&qitem=FIPS&qstring=27001
>
> I would like to build a URL with a qstring where I am selecting multiple counties.  (e.g. 27001 and 27003 and 27005).
>
> Can anyone help me build this expression/URL?

The URL is simple - the query string would be like that for a set of
grouped checkboxes on a form:

...mycgi?qstring=27001&qstring=27003&qstring=...

I don't, however, know how the front-end of Mapserver is put together or
whether it can handle multiple entries.  If it can't, you could do
something with Mapscript - I believe that the Perl CGI module creates an
array for multiple instances of a field name.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia