[Mapserver-users] how to get mapserver to output a map onto a globe

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Aug 7 12:36:41 EDT 2003

I was asking for this a while back and it become quite complex, since the
details of your projection will change as you pan/zoom around.  You may
find our old discussion in the archives from about a year ago.  I got lost
in the projection details, but I was able to get a single map to be
displayed, but I had to explicitly set a bunch of things and could not move
around in my view.

Tyler

             "Tom H"
             <tom at ecnow.co.uk>
             mapserver-users-a         <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
             dmin at lists.gis.um                                          cc
             n.edu
                                                                    Fax to

             08/06/2003 09:49                                      Subject
             PM                        [Mapserver-users] how to get
                                       mapserver to output a map onto a
                                       globe

Hi,

I want to get mapserver to output my initial map onto a globe, like this;
http://www.scriptsupport.co.uk/images/globe.png

is this possible? and if so what projection or configuration should i be
using?

Regards,

T.