[Mapserver-users] PNG Files are shown black

Manfred.Zerndl manfred.zerndl at bvv.bayern.de
Fri Aug 8 03:48:45 EDT 2003

Hi List,

I have to display many PNG rasterfiles in one layer mapserver.
It works fine in Mapserver 3.6.4 !!!!
But when i try to show the layer in Mapserver 4.0 the output remains
black!!!!

i have Mapserver 3.6.4 built as
MapServer version 3.6.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

and Mapserver 4.0 built as:
MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

when i run   gdalinfo   on on of the png rasterfiles, the output is:
Band 1 Block=500x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray

the programm xv tells me:
PNG, 1 bit grayscale (non-interlaced)

Is there a magic mapserver configure option I missed in 4.0?
Or can I doe some declatations in the mapfile, that is needed since 4.0?
I have tried to set some new OUTPUTFORMAT Sections, but with no success.

Manfred Zerndl