[Mapserver-users] MapServer - is this possible?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Aug 11 12:05:03 EDT 2003

Mapserver has some simple joining capability wrt DBF files, but I do not
think anything with a live DBMS. Probably we should be looking at the
generalized problem for all attribute data sources.
In the simple case, you can do up a join using mapscript. It is nasty
code, but basically, you first query the database, figure out which
class each polygon should be in, then write up a class rule for each
polygon to give it the appropriate color. Then render. Ouch. But it
works, for maps with small numbers of polygons.
P.

--
       __
      /