[Mapserver-users] mapserver & win2k

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Aug 11 16:46:49 EDT 2003

Hi Andrew, are you confident that your path and url settings in your
"init.html" files and map file are set properly?  If you are getting
placeholder images instead of maps, but no errors, that suggests to me that
the web server isn't finding the images that mapserver created.  I suggest
you try to view the map again, then do a search of files on your server to
see ones that have been modified in the last day and then see if you find
any gif or png files hanging around.  For example, it may be creating them
in another folder that you didn't realize.  Mine are caled DEMOnnnnn.gif or
DEMleg and DEMOref for map, legend and reference map respectively.

Posting your html and map files will help others help you.

Tyler

             "Dubnansky,
             Andrew"
             <adubnansky at 3eTI.                                          To
             com>                      "'mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
             Sent by:                  '"
             mapserver-users-a         <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
             dmin at lists.gis.um                                          cc
             n.edu
                                                                    Fax to

             08/11/2003 01:11                                      Subject
             PM                        [Mapserver-users] mapserver & win2k

 I have downloaded & installed  ms40_gif_pg.zip  &  ms366_gif_wms.zip (on
separate win2k machines) .
   I am using win2k and IIS 5.0.

   I have installed everything according to the respective "readme" files,
the only minor exception being that I have put     mapserv.exe in the
"scripts" directory in IIS instead "cgi-bin", and:

(1) Version 4 was missing a file called "libpq.dll" which I found on the
internet and copied to my system directory.
(2) Version 3.6.6 was missing a file called "zlib.dll" which I found on the
internet and copied to my system directory.

  I cannot get the ver. 3.5 demo or the ver. 4.0 demo to run at all. The
"demo_init" webpage will bring up the display page, but there are red "x"s
where the map, legend, and scalebar image should be.

 Typing "mapserv -v" at the command line returns the expected responses.

e.g.  - MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

 I am at a loss to locate what I have missed. I have double checked the
directory struct, capitalization issues, etc.Any help would be very
appreciated.

thanks in advance,

- AJ