[Mapserver-users] help with ???->draw() mapscript function

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Wed Aug 13 12:26:59 EDT 2003

If you use MapObj->prepareImage() you should not use MapObj->draw(). You
are responsible to do all the drawing using LayerObj->draw(), which
draws on the image prepared and Point->draw() or Rect->draw() etc. which
take both the prepared image and a layerObj.  After you've finished all
your drawing you should call MapObj->drawLabelCache($img) to draw the
labels.

Typically I loop thru each layerObj, turning it on and calling
LayerObj->draw().  I make sure to skip any dynamic point layers.
Then I get the point layer obj and call Point->draw() for each point:

$point->draw($map, $layerObj, $img, undef, $text);

Finally I call $MapObj->drawLabelCache($img);

HTH

Eric