[Mapserver-users] Success! Was: php_mapscript on a host - nightmare! help!

poff poff at sixbit.org
Thu Aug 14 05:05:57 EDT 2003

finally I have got a map to draw!

For others here is what I had to do using a host with the php_module, 25mb
space, and linux.

Actually I used another account with 100+mb to actually compile php, but
installed with a 6mb shapefile the whole setup takes 10mb.

get php-4.3.1 (NOT 4.3.2 as it won't work: "Cannot find input file" bug)

./configure --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr
-with-mysql=/usr --with-pear --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr
--enable-gd-native-ttf --with-zlib --enable-force-cgi-redirect

make

cp sapi/cgi/php ~/pkg/bin

get mapserver (tested with 3.6)

compile --with-php your compiled version (well configured really)

make

copy the .so file to your mapscripts directory

cd ~/public_html/mapscripts

cat <<END > .htaccess
SetEnv REDIRECT_STATUS CGI
END

cat <<END > draw.cgi
#!${HOME}/pkg/bin
<?php

dl("php_mapscript.so");

phpinfo();

?>

chmod +x draw.cgi

Works fine, not sure how much slower it is though.

Nice thing about linux is that it compiled very easily with libjpeg, gd and
png support.

The trick is not to specify a --prefix so it uses the system extensions -
pear works fine too.

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 04:43:25PM +0200, poff wrote: > Sorry for the title.