[Mapserver-users] line thickness?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 14 09:50:11 EDT 2003

Bruce Bushby wrote:

> Any ideas where one can find a 'cgi-reference' for mapserv4.0 ? My 'GET'
> strings
> are not behaving, even on the most basic map file.

There's a link to it directly from the 4.0 docs page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/cgi-reference.html

> 'Get string'
> <A
> HREF=/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mapserv/test.map&version1.1.1&request=map&layers=
> rivers&layers=roads>GetMap</A>
>
> I also tried "&layers=rivers roads" as the cgi-reference for 3.6 suggests.
>
> I've tried small and capitals on everything, "&layer/s" ignores me :) I have
> to  use the hard "status on" in the map file to get more then one layer. I
> thought
> "&layer" turns a layer on, ie "status off -> status on"
>
> Maybe my get string is all wrong ? Any ideas ?

You are mixing WMS and traditional mapserv CGI parameters.  VERSION and
REQUEST are specific to the WMS interface and you probably don't want to
use the WMS interface.

You should start with the Itasca demo as an example, it will show you
which parameters are needed.  Then if you need to add more see the CGI
reference above.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca