[Mapserver-users] Confused about QuerybyPoint with PostGIS

Bill Wheaton gisgeek at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 19:28:46 EDT 2003

Hello--

I have experienced a problem reported by other users trying to use
QueryByPoint on a PostGIS data source.  The error message is:

Fatal error :  Assertion failed, Could not set shape values: 0, 0 in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/file.phtml on line 702

I saw follow-up posts regarding a potential fix, but I could not tell
if the fix is available, or if so, how you get it...Can anyone confirm
that the problem noted above has been fixed?

If I do not have the option of upgrading to MS 4.0 (assuming that's
where any fix would be), is there any possible workaround for the
problem using, for example, MS 3.6.6?

Many thanks.