[Mapserver-users] Linux RedHat 9.0 php/mapscript installation

Perry, James jamesp at eastcan.ca
Fri Aug 15 08:40:04 EDT 2003

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

I think it's a PHP or Apache bug. PHP is looking at SCRIPT_FILENAME as the
program to run, while Apache is settign SCRIPT_FILENAME to the path of the
php binary (/var/www/cgi-bin/php), while PATH_TRANSLATED is the location of
the actual script.

I'm not sure which behaviour is correct, or how to get them to look in the
same place, but a simple workaround is to  build a wrapper around PHP to
copy the PATH_TRANSLATED environment (CGI) variable into SCRIPT_FILENAME.

/var/www/cgi-bin/php:
#!/bin/bash
export SCRIPT_FILENAME=$PATH_TRANSLATED
exec /usr/local/bin/php

Using shell scripts for CGI isn't particularly safe, although that one is
simple enough that I don't think it'd be a problem... No guarantees though.

James