[Mapserver-users] avl and mapserver

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Mon Aug 18 14:54:44 EDT 2003

Alvaro, Tyler

The quick answer is yes.  But Ross' ArcView utility hasn't been worked
on since MapServer version 3.3 (I think).  You can install and run it
then merge the relevant parts (the classes and color definitions) of the
generated mapfile with your version 3.6 or 4.0 mapfile.  The
documentation is pretty good, if I recall correctly.

Good luck!
Perry N.

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 12:45, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Does anyone know if Ross Searle's ArcView utility
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/user_utilities/maputils.ZIP) does what Alvaro
> is after?
>

>              Alvaro Gomes
>              Sobral Barcellos
>              <agsb at bdep.gov.br                                          To
>              >
>              Sent by:                                                   cc
>              mapserver-users-a         mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
>              dmin at lists.gis.um                                      Fax to
>              n.edu
>                                                                    Subject
>                                        [Mapserver-users] avl and mapserver
>              08/18/2003 01:35
>              PM
>

> Hello list,
>
> I m a newbie to mapserver, and a need to port an large prospect from
> arcims to mapserver.
> All shape files are ok but i need transfor the legend avl files to
> mapserver .map files.
> I get no good responses with find at google, so i presume that someone
> can help me.
> any tips or clues ?
>
> thanks
>
> []s agsb