[Mapserver-users] CGI Error - Resolution - Permissions with IIS

Dustin Harrison dustinlharrison at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 00:55:11 EDT 2003

--0-547692179-1061268911=:49388

Unfornunately a number of us have committed to using IIS as a web server and have thus inherited the headaches of this system.  I have recently been up against a configuration issue where I recieved a CGI Error from IIS and I could not resolve it, even by going back to different Mapserver builds with less and less dependencies (the problem started when I attempted to install Mapserver with a mapscript build).

The final resolution to the problem involved giving pdflib.dll permissions to be read and run by IUSR_machinename  I can now run mapserver.  In addtion I was unable to use dl() to open php_mapscript40.dll or php_proj.dll however this problem was also solved by the new permissions.  This is the only file I had to explicity set (except of course mapserver.exe, php_mapscript40.dll, php_proj.dll).

This doesn't seem to make sense.  I'd appreciate any feedback/insight on this particular case, but more importantly I wanted to post this to hopefully help anyone that also had this problem.