FW: [Mapserver-users] Linux RedHat 9.0 php/mapscript installation

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 19 18:48:45 EDT 2003

Heres the link I was thinking about
http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200201/msg00979.html

Cheers,

Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Wragg [mailto:bwragg at tpg.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2003 8:08 AM
To: 'mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu'; 'shostko at ureach.com'
Subject: RE: [Mapserver-users] Linux RedHat 9.0 php/mapscript
installation

Are you still having trouble Alexander? I had a similar problem a while
back. I narrowed it down to a problem in the php compile. If I used the
--enable-discard-path in my ./configure line for PHP I would get errors
like you:

         **Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=24) state=1
in
         **/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 686

         ***Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1
in
         ***/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 686
         ***...
         ***Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/php

I can't find the page now, but there is a discussion on the zend site
about this and as a work around the user found that compiling PHP
without the --enable-discard-path option seemed to solve the problem.
Please be aware though that the documentation for php says the following
regarding this option:

         --enable-discard-path   If this is enabled, the PHP CGI binary
can safely be placed outside of the web tree and people
         will not be able to circumvent .htaccess security."

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Benjamin Wragg