[Mapserver-users] rpm for mapserver and postit vs mapserver

harald x haraldx at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 20 11:09:02 EDT 2003

I download some rpms  for mapserver + gd+ libpng+.. on my redhat 8

The rpm -Uvh installation has no problem, and I tried the demo

The initalize page come out, but when I kick the initalize button,
nothing show out,not even a text or map,
just blank window.

 tried  /mapserver/scripts/mapserv -v

      MapServer version 3.6.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
        SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG
        INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

and there is another server called postit! , have anybody tried it and
can you compare them?

Thanks.