[Mapserver-users] Solaris Compilation problem (was: SunONE chokes on template file)

Martin Weinelt mweinelt at planiglobe.com
Thu Aug 21 04:53:21 EDT 2003

Dear Steve and list,

sorry for comming back with my Solaris compilation problem, but I traced the
error a bit further hoping for even more help..

Following the Solaris8Build advices in the Wiki I get the mapserv
executable and the usual output if I run './mapserv'

If I run './mapserv QUERY_STRING="map=/mapserver/htdocs/cmd_DD.map"' I get the
segfault (no httpd involved, the template is globally defined in this
map-file). The output looks as expected until the first '[' is to be
processed and a core is dumped. Looking a the core I see:

[...]
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
Reading symbols from /mapserver/local/lib/libgd.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /mapserver/local/lib/libgd.so.2
[...]
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/libc_psr.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/libc_psr.so.1
#0  0xfef33474 in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0xfef33474 in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1  0xfef85798 in _doprnt () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2  0xfef8743c in sprintf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#3  0x21a4c in processLine ()
#4  0x234a8 in msReturnPage ()
#5  0x1bf7c in main ()
(gdb)

To my limited understanding there seems to be a problem between the strlen
/sprintf  in usr/lib/libc.so.1 on this  platform and the way it is called
from processLine () in mapserv? Please correct me.
Is there anything I can try to help this?

Martin

Martin
Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 03:35 schrieben Sie: