[Mapserver-users] Always returning first record in DBF on itemquery -- RESOLVED

Steve Lehr lehrs at erau.edu
Fri Aug 22 09:52:56 EDT 2003

For anyone who encounters this problem, the issue was that when I was using
LOCATION it automatically treated the characters as a string since the first
character of the string LOCATION is a non-digit.  In my case, the first
character was a digit, so it was treating it as a numeric comparison (i.e.
perl talk == versus eq).

RESOLUTION: add single quotes around QPID, to force it to a string.

I believe this is not an issue in the full feature 4.0 rather then the
4.0Beta that I've been using; but I have not fully verified, I thought when
I installed 4.0 release yesterday I was seeing the same issue.

All the best and thanks for the help as always.  Mapserv rocks!

Steven Lehr
Visiting Professor
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (LB159)
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
386-226-7740