[Mapserver-users] Re: auto extent?

Hobbes Zatow hobbes_zatow at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 18:15:40 EDT 2003

So instead of using a filter at all, I'd use a query?

Any pointers where I might mapscript code to do the
iteration through a built-in query's results and
aggregate the extent?  I'm just getting started with
mapscript ...

Thank you.

--- Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Basically your talking about doing a query first and
> then using the
> resulting shapes to
> set an extent. From the CGI point of view this
> feature is available.
> You might do somthing
> like this to initialize an application:

.../mapserv?map=foo.map&mode=itemquery&qlayer=counties&qitem=state&qstring=FL&mapext=shapes