[Mapserver-users] Loading data from another server

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Wed Aug 27 15:11:55 EDT 2003

If I understand correctly you could then do something like:
"wget -O data.shp http://www.myDataServer.com/data"
and set SHAPEPATH to data.shp .
It's not quite that easy because because for the shape example you would
need to request shx & dbf also or if they are all shipped together in
the stream they would need broken apart.
In MapScript you could theoretically store the resulting data past in
via the URL in a variable and use that for the $layer->{data} without
requiring an intermediate file.
Lowell

The following message was sent by "Jeff L." <nf10 at hotmail.com> on Wed,
27 Aug 2003 19:00:44 +0000.