[Mapserver-users] query - JavaScript question

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Sat Dec 20 10:25:30 EST 2003

Dear list,

running MS 3.6 with apache and a Dhtml/JavaScript enhanced application,
no JavaApplet.

In my app' when using "query" a new browserwindow pops up, based on a
simple "if mode==query ... target="_blank". Fine.

When I close the query-window, my map-window remains in a kind of
"receiving position", which could be seen by an animated gif, which
appears always, when the client is receiving a new map.

When I now click on "reload", MS opens a new map in a new window,
leaving the old one in the same condition. Bad.
When I zoom in or out in the main map window, the new cutout appears in
the same window as normal and the gif disappears. OK.

I think the problem is, when passing the query by target="_blank", the
main map window still waits for new parameters, because it knows
something changed, but it doesn't receive anything.
Is there a way to let MS "forget", that "_blank" is the actual target or
to perform an action to the main map-window while closing the query-window?

Thanks for your help and for all the support I received from you this
year! Hopefully I can give back more next year.

Have nice days with your family and your friends!!

Cheers,
Till

-----

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams