[Mapserver-users] PostGIS - geometry from a stored function?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 1 19:41:47 EST 2003

That's what a FILTER is for. FILTERs are interpreted by the underlying
RDMS engine if applicable. For those datasources without one MapServer
does the evaluation. Even if MapServer does it there are performance
benefits since a feature is not read from disk unless is passes the
FILTER.

Steve

>>> Doug Cates <doug at moximedia.com> 12/1/2003 6:21:19 PM >>>
On a similar topic, I tried something like the following without
success. Is there some way of restricting features from a PostGIS data
source without using classes?

DATA "the_geom from point_table where year = 1997"

Doug