[Mapserver-users] WMS and authentication

GeoIT info at geo-it.com
Wed Dec 3 06:01:30 EST 2003

Dear list,

As mentioned in a previous mail, I want to cascade several WMS-Layers from
different vendors with Mapserver.
Each layer is secured by basic authentication.

One idea to access the secured layers is to add user and pwd to the
connection-URL in the mapfile.
At the moment, libcurl is not able to pass user and password, I have tested
it with MS 3.6 and 4.0.

But even if this could be realized, it would be only a workaround to access
secured layers.

Is there any experience how to get Mapserver to prompt for user and
password, if a secured layer is requested ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Geo-IT GmbH   -   Geoinformatik, IT-Services
Guggenberg 3, D-82380 Peissenberg
Tel: 08803-498372, Fax: 08803-498373
eMail: info at geo-it.com  -  Homepage: http://www.geo-it.com