[Mapserver-users] Repost: Oracle Spatial: A tip and a request

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 9 09:36:47 EST 2003

Hi Frank,

> The Oracle client DLLs would need to be in the path. I am not sure that
> ORACLE_HOME is required.

What you say is true for runtime, but what I meant was compile time.

The nmake.opt for GDAL has the following section:

!IFDEF ORACLE_HOME
OCI_LIB =	$(ORACLE_HOME)\oci\lib\msvc\ociw32.lib \
		$(ORACLE_HOME)\oci\lib\msvc\oci.lib
!ENDIF

So this means ORACLE_HOME needs to be set to the Oracle client path on my
machine in order to compile in the Oracle Spatial support, i.e. for the
Oracle OCI libraries to be found during compile time?

Or am I misinterpreting something?

Best regards,
Bart