[Mapserver-users] Does anyone know how to view an individual layer in a DGN file?

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Fri Dec 12 10:58:53 EST 2003

I suppose you can specify a single layer within your DGN-File using

LAYER
    NAME "Water_dgn"
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "data/dgn/wat.dgn"
            DATA "1"
    STATUS ON
    CLASS
    END
END

for example. This should reference Layer Number 1 within your DGN-File.
According to the OGR HowTo you can also specify a layer by his name. But
in the OGR HowTo you will also find the following about DGN and I wonder
if that means that it's not possible to display just a certain layer.

"The entire DGN file is represented in OGR as one layer (see
http://ogr.maptools.org/drv_dgn.html for more info)"

best regards
Oliver

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Oliver Wesp
Gesellschaft fuer geografische Datenverarbeitung