RES: [Mapserver-users] Shape Index ...

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at agx.com.br
Fri Dec 12 12:01:27 EST 2003

  I am using the querybypoint method ... but it does not do what I want.
Let me explain it better. I have a shapefile with about 150-200
polygons. I started using the querybypoint method, and then I saw that
it does not return to me the index of the polygon shape in the
shapefile. It just does something with the querymap...
  I need to know the index of the polygon shape into the shapefile. I
have how to get this index, in fact I am getting it. But to get it the
way I'm doing I have to do a while, and in the while get polygon by
polygon and check if the point(x,y) is into that polygon, and only then
I will have the index of the shape in the shapefile...
  So, I was wondering if there was a easier way, or a smarter way...
  Thanks,
    Murilo