[Mapserver-users] Re: compiling mapserver 4.0 with gdal support on VC7

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Mon Dec 15 09:59:49 EST 2003

Hello:

Just checking on a few things...
Do you need GDAL?
What all other options do you have going into your mapserver compile?

1) Did you compile and install GDAL before mapserver compile?

2) Was the gdal build sucessful?

3) VC7 acts kinda weird with GDAL nmake.opt...Guess it is a configuration
issue.,because the nmake.opt out there was generated using VC++6.0. Can you
try doing a workspace for GDAL and doing a workspace for mapserver and see
what happens?

If you just wanna save time and need a compiled gdal let me know..will send