[Mapserver-users] Dynamic Templates in v4.0

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Dec 15 15:58:44 EST 2003

Joost,

If you are trying to swap templates using URL substitution, you need to
create a TEMPLATEPATTERN in the MAP object of your MAP file.  Go to the
wiki migration guide:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide

Scroll down to DATAPATTERN and TEMPLATEPATTERN.  There is also a link
to a post with more information.  Essentially, in the TEMPLATEPATTERN,
you specify a regular expression to apply to the name of the TEMPLATE
file that you want to use.

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

>>> "Van Ulden, Joost" <jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca> 12/15/2003 2:46:06 PM

Hi all,

I am somewhat confused about how templates are handled in 4.0.  In 3.6
it
was fairly straight forward to specify a template in the URL.  For
some
reason, I can not get this to work in 4.0.  Any suggestions?  I have
looked
in the history.txt and the latest documentation and have not been able
find a concrete example.  Could someone provide an example?

Once again, thank you in advance!

Joost van Ulden
Programmer/Analyst
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
Geological Survey of Canada / Commission geologique du Canada
101 - 605 Robson Street / 101 - 605 rue Robson
Vancouver, B.C. / Vancouver (C.-B.)
V6B 5J3
Office/Bureau:  604.666.7525
fax/telecopieur: 604.666.1124