[Mapserver-users] join objects

BAUD remi remi.baud at eivd.ch
Mon Dec 15 16:25:37 EST 2003

Hi the list, I'm trying to use join object. I've seen many discussion on th users list but I still don't understand how it works.

I use an application similar of gmap provided by dmsolutions group.(php_mapscript)

I want to do the fellowing:

I have
a spacial table named "adresses" (shp) adress which contains 2 attributes (IDadr, description)
an only attributive named "buildings" table (dbf) which contains 2 attributes (IDbul, type)

The idea is to link by a join object the two tables (IDadr=IDbul) to enable retrieving "type" attribute from "building"  whenI query my table "adress".

What's the best way to do that?
Any one has a sample?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas!