[Mapserver-users] WFS Server Configuration

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 16 13:36:59 EST 2003

Hi Joost,

I think this is the string which will be used in the output as the
descriptor/title for the geometry column (i.e. GML geometric property).

This is because shapefiles along with many other datasets don't have a
specific name for the spatial column (as the geometry is present in the
shp file itself), unlike e.g. Oracle Spatial.

So if you don't set it, you get "MS_GEOMETRY" in your output, which can
also be seen in the output you posted.

If you want to overrule this, you have to set the
"wfs_geometry_element_name" metedata to something else. This will be
present in your output then.

Best regards,
Bart