[Mapserver-users] Error: Oracle Connection String wrong?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Dec 17 10:41:55 EST 2003

Hi,

did you try encapsulating the connection string in quotes? I can confirm
that you have to use CONNECTION "scott/tiger at db_sid" and CONNECTIONTYPE
oraclespatial.

This worked for me on with mapserver 4, win2000 and Oracle 8.1.7.

I experienced another error with an oracle 9.2 client, in that the
syntax of the db_sid has changed (or more specific when creating the
listener the name of the client was added automatically). Can someone
confirm this?

HTH, Michael