[Mapserver-users] .tab files problems again

Riccardo Stuper rik_stpr at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 18 05:26:27 EST 2003

--0-1136911016-1071743187=:52283

Hugo,

thanx for answer. I've tried ogrinfo, it tells "Open of `Friuli.tab'... successful" then all the informations. (I notice I need to put the "ogrinfo.exe" in the same folder of the files to analyze).
I put the extent in my map file, nothing. White map, no ref, no scale as always. Neither imagecolor helps.
Maybe it's something else w/ogr connection (but ogrinfo tells it's ok), some dll missing, Apache configuration, I followed the instructions and all seems ok, the demo was working.
I cannot understand why I could open the map w/MapLap-MapEdit tool and no way else, but I cannot use always this...
I don't know what to do. Thx anyway.

cheers
R.S.
Hugo Nathaniel Rodrigues <hugo at pbh.gov.br> wrote:
riccardo,

first of all, go to DOS prompt and type ogrinfo friuli.tab (if you dont have the ogrinfo file, download it in ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/openev/ (you need to download any FW or linux version, but not the win32 exe version, because the installation dont have the ogrinfo file), then unzip it and take the ogrinfo file (when you run the ogrinfo file, this will show you some dll files that is not in your windows dll folder, you will found it in the zip file, and can put it in windows/system32, or system, depends of the version of your windows, but take care to not copy this if you have other version installed).

with the ogrinfo working, and the information you get (ogrinfo -al -ro friuli.tab), get the information of EXTENDED and put it in your map file (take of the one you have).

maybe this works, if not, try to put imagecolor in your map file start section (imagecolor 255 255 255).

i wish this can help you.

cheers
Hugo Rodrigues
Analista/Consultor
SSSS - Prodabel

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
--0-1136911016-1071743187=:52283

<DIV>Hugo,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanx for answer. I've tried ogrinfo, it tells "Open of `Friuli.tab'... successful" then all the informations. (I notice I need to put the "ogrinfo.exe" in the same folder of the files to analyze).<BR>I put the extent in my map file, nothing. White map, no ref, no scale as always. Neither imagecolor helps. <BR>Maybe it's something else w/ogr connection (but ogrinfo tells it's ok), some dll missing, Apache configuration, I followed the instructions and all seems ok, the demo was working.<BR>I cannot understand why I could open the map w/MapLap-MapEdit tool and no way else, but I cannot use always this...<BR>I don't know what to do. Thx anyway.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers<BR>R.S. </DIV>
<DIV><B><I>Hugo Nathaniel Rodrigues &lt;hugo at pbh.gov.br&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>riccardo, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>first of all, go to DOS prompt and type ogrinfo friuli.tab (if you dont have the ogrinfo file, download it in <A href="ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/openev/">ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/openev/</A>&nbsp;(you need to download any FW or linux version, but not the win32 exe version, because the installation dont have the ogrinfo file), then unzip it and take the ogrinfo file (when you run the ogrinfo file, this will show you some dll files that is not in your windows dll folder, you will found it in the zip file, and can put it in windows/system32, or system, depends of the version of your windows, but take care to not copy this if you have other version installed).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>with the ogrinfo working, and the information you get (ogrinfo -al -ro friuli.tab), get the information of EXTENDED and put it in your map file (take of the one you have).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>maybe this works, if not, try to put imagecolor in your map file start section (imagecolor 255 255 255).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>i wish this can help you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>cheers</FONT></DIV>
--0-1136911016-1071743187=:52283--