[Mapserver-users] AXL to MAP converter

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Dec 18 12:51:03 EST 2003

On Thursday, December 18, 2003, at 04:27  AM, Bart van den Eijnden
wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> does anybody know of a converter for AXL (ArcIMS) to MAP (Mapserver).
>
> If Mapserver would have XML files it could be done with XSLT ofcourse,
> but for now I suspect the easiest would be to use PHP/Mapscript to
> build a converter?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

XSLT would be useful but not easy!  I think the _easiest_ way is to use

http://effbot.org/downloads/index.cgi#elementtree

with the Python interpreter like I've done with my ArcIMS emulator.

http://users.frii.com/sgillies/projects/pyims.html

This project was inspired by Refraction's ArcIMS emulator and you will
find useful examples there (refractions.net) if you want to use Perl.

I believe that there is also a Java emulator/adapter being traded out
there which might provide a good head start with Java.

PHP has XML/DOM functions so should be good as well, only that there
is existing code in other languages that you could adapt.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies